-                                                                                                    Back to Home Page

COVID 19 LATEST UPDATE   10.7.2020
Please note we are now taking new bookings for July from the 18th, August, September and October 2020 onwards but please contact us regarding changes within properties for example some properties may ask you to bring your own linen and towels, some have different arrival and departure times.

There are changes to the ferry timetables from Oban-Craignure  but we also have the Lochaline-Fishnish and Kilchoan-Tobermory routes to the island if you have any difficulty getting a booking for the ferry.

Coronavirus Update for all Island Holiday Cottage Guests

We are receiving a very high number of enquiries at the moment due to the impact of the Coronavirus outbreak.  We are doing our best to respond to all customers queries, but are overwhelmed by the situation but are still  taking phone calls between 9am and 5pm, our telephone is extremely busy, so if you cannot get through please email us and we will respond as soon as we can.  Please bear with us and we will get back to you.  We are an independent local business on the Isle of Mull with a staff of four (3 of which are now furloughed) and we are doing our best to do what we can for the guests and cottage owners at this particularly difficult time.

Our first priority is the safety and wellbeing of our visitors, cottage owners, housekeepers and others in our island community. Please also check the Calmac website for any last minute updates.

Cancellation Policy:  (Please see Exceptions paragraph below)

Please note that we must receive something in writing (email is sufficient) if you decide to cancel a booking you have made with us. Deposits are always non refundable. Balances  and Full Payments are due 2 months before your holiday start date. If you cancel your holiday within the two month period before your holiday and you have paid your balance/Full payment  we cannot return any money received from you unless we manage to re-book the property for the same period. If the property is re-let at a discount, we will refund the balance payment received from you, less the discount. A £25 administration fee
* is also deducted from any refund we provide and our booking fee is non-refundable.  *In the circumstances we are waiving our  £25 administration fee for bookings affected by the restriction to travel due to Covid 19

Exceptions - Due to Covid 19 situation

We understand that the current travel advice is affecting whether people can travel in the coming 60 day period at least, and that is also affecting our guests’ ability to claim on their insurance policy.  In these exceptional circumstances, we want to do what is best for our guests and provide an alternative, if at all possible, for those who have booked with us over the next 60 day period (travelling between now and the end of July)
1.That we will attempt to transfer your booking to new dates, in the same property, between 5th September 2020 to an available date and up to the same date in 2021 if available

2. We cannot reduce the cost of your booking if you choose a week at lower tariff.

3.If for any circumstances, you are not able to make the new dates, and government policy dictates you can travel, we will not provide a refund on your new booking or offer a change of dates.

4.If the government restrictions for travel are still in place you will have the option to reschedule again.

What to do next

Therefore, if your booking is in July this year and you would like us to try and make an amendment for you, please check the availability, let us know your preferred date,  and we will try our best to accommodate you, please allow us extra time to confirm this.


There will be customers we cannot accommodate and unfortunately, we are only able to provide refunds in these circumstances if we have the property owner’s authority to do so, and don’t hold the funds ourselves. We are very sorry that lots of customers, whether insured or not, stand to lose money as a result of the pandemic, and how that has affected people’s rights to travel.  The losses are also significant to our business too (like many others), and cottage owners are likely to be in a precarious financial position when there is currently no end point in sight to the current crisis. We are not a large business or multi-national corporation that can draw on creditors and investors for support.  We are doing our utmost to assist where we can.

Bookings from August onwards
We have just been advised by Calmac that people will not be able to make bookings online for the Oban ferry from now until  mid July 2020.We don’t know as yet whether this is subject to change or whether a full travel ban is likely to be enforced in the coming weeks.  Please bear with us while we gain a full picture on the likely repercussions for our guests, alongside the financial implications for cottage owners and our business, and how we might best be able to deal with this going forward.  We ask that all customers booked from August onwards give us time to help our July customers in the first instance.

Upcoming Balances
In terms of upcoming balances due in two months time, we are being flexible and allowing people extra time to make their balance payments.  So we will not be expecting any balance payments until a month before you are due to arrive. At that stage we can review the situation dependant on government advice on travel. We hope this allows our guests time to make an informed decision on whether to travel or not and see how the current situation unfolds.

Thank you.
Island Holiday Cottages